This competition is for all students with program start dates between June 29, 2015 – November 30, 2015
Advance Beauty College Scholarships
As a member of AACS (American Academy of Cosmetology Schools), Advance Beauty College students are eligible to apply for various grants and scholarships. For more details regarding individual scholarships, please visit the specific websites below.
Beauty Changes Lives Scholarships
The Beauty Changes Lives Foundation offers scholarships and celeb mentorships throughout the year. Opportunities are available for prospective & current students, as well as licensed cosmetologists. For more information on any of the Beauty Changes Lives scholarships, please visit http://www.beautychangeslives.org/scholarships/.
BCL | CND | Tippi Hedren Nail Scholarship Program
This scholarship program is open to new students entering a nail program at a qualifying school. Entrants cannot be active in a nail program prior to January 1, 2014. Ten winners will receive 100% of tuition (up to $5,000).
- Complete a written essay (500 words or less) or a video (one to three minutes) answering the following question: Why are you pursuing a career in the nail industry and how would this professional nail scholarship change/fulfill your life?
- Entrants must meet school’s entry qualifications and provide proof of enrollment with a start date of classes not prior to Jan. 1, 2014.
- Video or essay entries must be in English only.
Vidal Sassoon Professional Beauty Education Scholarship Program – Basic
This scholarship program is open to cosmetology students with a program start date between June 29, 2015 and November 30, 2015. This competition is designed for prospective and newer students.
- Must be a student with an active START date between June 29, 2015 and November 30, 2015. You must upload a letter of acceptance from the school you are planning to attend.
- Complete a written essay (500 words or less) or a video (one to three minutes) answering the following question: Share what Vidal Sassoon’s legacy of creativity, craftsmanship, professional drive and love of learning means to you. Also include how you see yourself changing lives through beauty as he did.
Vidal Sassoon Professional Beauty Education Scholarship Program – Advanced
This scholarship program is open to licensed cosmetologists. The scholarship will send ten winners to Sassoon Academy, travel and expenses (not to exceed $5,000).
- Must be a licensed cosmetologist in the United States or Canada
- Must complete a written essay (500 words or less) or a video (one to three minutes) answering the following question: Share what Vidal Sassoon’s legacy of creativity, craftsmanship, professional drive and love of learning means to you. Also include how you see yourself changing lives through beauty as he did.
BCL Massage Therapy Education Scholarship
The BCL Massage Therapy Education Scholarship, funded by Massage Envy, will award six prospective students entering a massage therapy program $2,000 to go toward tuition.
- Must be a student with an active START date between January 28, 2014 and August 4, 2014 (If you are in school prior to January 28, you are ineligible to apply for this scholarship). You must upload a letter of acceptance from the school you are planning to attend.
- Complete a written essay (500 words or less) or a video testimonial (one to three minutes) answering the following question: Why did you choose a career in massage therapy and what is your vision for changing lives through therapeutic touch
ACE Grants are designed to help you begin your career in cosmetology. ACE Grants are the first ever industry-wide effort to encourage highly motivated and qualified individuals to join the world of cosmetology.
For more information, visit http://beautyschools.org/ace-grants/
OPI & AACS ACE Scholarship Program
As part of OPI’s ongoing scholarship program, 9 students annually who are attending AACS member schools will each be awarded a $500.00 scholarship from OPI. Students must be enrolled, or in the process of enrolling, in a cosmetology related program at an AACS member school to qualify. Winners will be selected based on an essay and one industry recommendation.
Beauty Schools Directory $2,500 Cosmetology Scholarship
Future students of the beauty disciplines – including cosmetology, barbering, esthetics and skin care, nail technology, makeup artistry and several others – can apply for these $2,500 scholarships for cosmetology school. This beauty school scholarship is awarded four times per year, and may be used at most schools nationwide. The scholarship recipient is selected from the pool of individuals who submit their scholarship applications before the deadline each quarter, and meet the eligibility criteria outlined in the rules. Deadlines: January 31, April 30, July 31 and October 31 each year.
For more information go to www.beautyschoolsdirectory.com.
The Joe Francis Haircare Scholarship Foundation
The Joe Francis Haircare Scholarship Foundation was established in 1994 by his wife of 39 years, Flo Francis, and the many people whom Joe Francis advised and mentored to their own success in the industry. The mission of the foundation is to help deserving students receive financial assistance for the professional training necessary to build successful, long-term careers in the cosmetology industry. Applications are accepted January 1st through June 1st each year.
For more information go to www.joefrancis.com
PBA|NCA – Sally Scholarship
Through the PBA | NCA (Professional Beauty Association | National Cosmetology Association) and Sally Beauty Supply, seven high school graduates will be awarded $1,000 scholarship. Students must be enrolled in cosmetology school in 2013 to qualify. The deadline to apply is November 15, 2013.
For more information, please visit here.
Minerva Beauty Scholarship
Minerva Beauty, Inc. is a leading provider of salon equipment and is committed to supporting those working to enter the field of cosmetology. The Minerva Beauty Scholarship is offered to current students of an accredited cosmetology program who have completed a minimum of one semester and maintained a minimum GPA of 3.0. Applications may be downloaded here. Deadline: May 31, 2013
- Minerva Beauty Scholarship – Five (5) $1,000 scholarships awarded
- Student must have completed at least one semester, or one graded cycle, in an accredited cosmetology program
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 or percentage grade of 80%